How to Tell Customers You Welcome Pets
A key part of a successful pet-friendly business program is ensuring customers know where pets are welcome.
- Make it visual! Use signage to make it easy for customers to see where pets can and cannot go.
- If your community is going pet friendly, have all participating businesses use the same signs so they provide an easy, recognizable cue for visitors.
- Offer an option for businesses that can’t have pets inside but that plan to support the community program in other ways (such as water bowls outside for pets).
- Window clings on the front entrances to businesses are a great first step. These were designed based on learnings from the Pets Welcome program pilot.
- Be sure to list on business and community websites that local businesses are pet friendly. Explain what that means for customers.
- Mention your pet-friendly status in “about us” descriptions on social media.
- Mention your pet-friendly status on sites like Yelp.com.
- List businesses and your community on BringFido.com, GoPetFriendly.com and other pet-friendly business directories.
- Consider a social media campaign! Try featuring pets who visit your business and community. It’s a great way to draw attention and show how you welcome pets.
Want more tips? Check out the Pets Welcome Toolkit for info about how to launch a pet-friendly business initiative that can benefit businesses, pet owners and pets.