People who visit your pet-friendly outdoor dining area with their pet are likely to be delighted that you make pets welcome. It’s a great opportunity to wow them and encourage them to spread the word about your business!
Here are some ideas to get started.
- Branded pet gear. Have pet items like bandanas, leashes and water bowls branded with your business logo that you can hand out to frequent guests.
- Encourage photography. Consider creating a “selfie” or other photo spot in or near your dining space, so pet parents can commemorate their visit. For example, a mural on an outdoor wall can be a great feature, particularly one done by a local artist and incorporating your business name or hashtag in a clever way.
- Spotlight pet guests. Post on your social media about your pet visitors, for example featuring a “pet of the week” or inviting guests to participate in short video greetings with their pets.
- Highlight your “pet-menities.” Post on your social media about the amenities you have onsite to help make pets comfortable.
- Amplify social media posts from your guests. Watch for mentions of your business on social media and share or repost ones with cute pet photos.
- Create Pet Wall of Fame. Take cute pictures and memorialize them on a special wall dedicated to your frequent pet visitors.
- Make an impact for pets. Demonstrate for pet lovers that you care about pets as much as they do. Have a special event or promotion where a portion of sales goes to support a local animal shelter.
Want more tips? Check out the Pets on Patios Toolkit for tips to help cities, business and pet parents make outdoor dining pet friendly.