Communicating your business’s expectations for pets helps pet parents understand and follow your guidelines.
Adopting the “voice” of a pet can help draw additional attention to the rules you’re trying to convey. Here’s sample language that can be used to communicate requirements:
Everything’s better with pets! Responsible pet owners make it a great experience for everyone.
- Keep me leashed and under control to help protect me (and the people and things that are around me!).
- Gimme space! Make sure I hang out where I won’t be underfoot.
- If I get over-excited, aggressive or anxious, please take me outside so I can calm down.
- When I gotta go, I gotta go. Help me anticipate when I need to go out for a break. And if it happens…sorry, please clean it up.
- Don’t leave me! (Never leave pets unattended in a public space.)
- Keep in mind that you’re in charge. I try to be good…but you’re ultimately responsible for me and my actions.
Want more tips? Check out the Pets Welcome Toolkit for info about how to launch a pet-friendly business initiative that can benefit businesses, pet parents and pets.