When every city is pet friendly, it supports a happy, healthy world for all of us. Mars Petcare created the BETTER CITIES FOR PETS™ program in 2017 to help cities be more pet-friendly.
This year, we awarded Better Cities For Pets™ certification to 31 cities to celebrate those that have put pet-friendly programs and policies in place and committed to keep working to make people and pets welcome.
We studied their initiatives, surveyed citizens and identified pet trends shaping their progress. This inaugural annual report shares our findings to spotlight the benefits of pet-friendly places and offer a roadmap for other cities to follow.
- 7 Pet Trends to Watch: A look at the pet trends that are shaping the path forward for cities that want to be pet-friendly.
- A City That Cares: A city can’t be pet-friendly unless it is working to end pet homelessness.
- A Home For Every Pet: A lack of affordable pet-friendly housing is a significant hurdle for many families.
- Room to Run and Play: Leading cities are finding creative ways to add green space and make it pet-friendly.
- Pets Welcome in More Places: Businesses that miss out on pet trends may be missing out on profits, too.
- Meet the Cities: A look at the 31 cities certified in the inaugural year of the first-ever BETTER CITIES FOR PETS™ certification program.