10 ways to speak for pets
Pets can’t speak for themselves. Despite the many ways pets make life better, enjoying a happy, healthy life with your pet can be a challenge. That’s why we’re working with communities and policy-makers across the country to make cities more pet-friendly.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Join us. Sign up to stay informed as we share more BETTER CITIES FOR PETS™ program information.
2. Learn the issues. Read up on the barriers to pet ownership, and how they affect pets and people alike.
3. Advocate for pets. Write to your local, state and national government leaders, and advocate for pet-friendly policies.
4. Lead by example. Demonstrating responsible pet ownership – such as always using a leash and picking up pet waste – helps show pets can be a welcome addition, not a nuisance, in public places.
5. Volunteer. Check with local pet shelters and rescues to see how you can help.
6. Be inspired. Snuggle up with your pet or a friend’s, as a reminder of the joys pets bring. Everyone deserves a chance to enjoy them.
8. Donate. Explore donation programs such as PEDIGREE Foundation that help homeless pets.
9. Get the tools. Check out our BETTER CITIES FOR PETS™ program materials for tips to help create pet-friendly places and experiences.
10. Spread the word. Here are social media posts you can send right now, to share how much pets and pet-friendly options matter to you.